The power of self-reflection
“In the summer of 2021, Hadeel decided it was time for a drastic change after her mental health had deteriorated and her friends had moved on without her. She realized she needed to stop living for other people and start living for herself. We talk about how she was able to overcome her depression, social anxiety, and eating disorder when she began listening to her own body and mind, as well as seeking professional support. Hadeel discovered many tools that continue to help her keep a balance in her life and listening to music is one of them. She is now pursuing an MBA with a focus on Social Innovation and following her passion in radio which is where I first heard her and knew I must have her on my podcast to share her inspirational journey of growth.
Discussed in this episode:
- The turning point of Hadeel's life was when her mental health deteriorated and her friends abandoned her (1:47)
- How self- blame lead to Hadeel's depression and eating disorder (4:55)
- How to shift your focus to things you can change and let go of matters that are not in your control (6:57)
- Being alone differs from feeling lonely (14:07)
- The tools that help Hadeel resist falling back into the trap of societal and familial expectations (17:55)
- Hadeel shares valuable rules she now lives by (26:25)
- How music can be healing and helps process your emotions (29:25)
- A brief exploration of Drill rap music (34:07)
Connect with Hadeel:
The obstacle is the way
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.