Creating physical harmony
Andy Tsz Chiu Chan is a certified strength & conditioning specialist, educator, and presenter from Hong Kong who has integrated traditional Chinese medicine into his strength training philosophy and shares how harmony between all aspects of life is a prerequisite to optimal health and human performance.
He shares with great transparency, how his own anxiety instigated his research and subsequently the co-writing of the book Dynamic Balance.
So let us start 2023 and the new season of Breaking Free with some valuable tips from Andy on how to feel more confident about your body and your fitness in a harmonious way that is long-lasting.
Discussed in this episode:
- Why Andy co-wrote the book Dynamic Balance which incorporates the benefits of traditional Chinese medicine (3:35)
- How the five Phases (wood, fire, earth, metal) are used by the Chinese to categorize the world because everything is connected (7:25)
- Trusting your intuition to live according to the rules of Yin-Yang nature and avoiding extremes (10:00)
- Stepping back before moving forward with goals and using less sauce and salt on your food can create lasting changes (16:40)
- Should you rest more in the winter or should you push yourself to workout harder ? (27:00)
- How Andy use to battle with anxiety disorder and overcame it (31:25)
- Boredom and slowing down will allow you to enjoy your food more and tap into great ideas (38:44)
Connect with Andy
"Exercised" by Daniel Lieberman https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/aug/29/exercised-by-daniel-lieberman-review-fitness-myths-exploded
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.