SE 2: 9:- Chiara Totire - #FASHIONGIRL: From Pharmacy to VOGUE!!
Welcome to Season 2 Episode 9 of #WEARYOURDREAMS, hosted by Alice Oluyitan and featuring inspirational conversations with girls in business.This week, Alice has a chat with Chiara Totire, Italian fashion influencer and street style star. Born in Bari, this Italian beauty started her career as a pharmacist before risking everything in order to pursue her love for fashion. She left her hometown and moved to the fashion capital, Milan, where she worked for magazines such as Gioia and Grazia. She currently lives her dream and works at Vogue Japan!
Here’s what we learned from Chiara:
- Happiness is the true key to success. Chiara studied Pharamacy for 6 years before graduating as a Pharmacist. She was unhappy because this wasn't her true passion, and after graduating, she realised her heart wasn't in Pharmacy and needed to make an important decision. Chiara always had a passion and keen interest towards creative art and fashion. She knew she wanted to be a stylist, and decided to give her dream a chance, and now she couldn't be happier!
- Always be willing to try new things. Welcome opportunities that come your way and be thankful for doors that open in unexpected places! Chiara started working at Gioia because her friend introduced her to the Director! Passion, enthusiasm and positivity are key. Chiara has since been approached by Grazia and Vogue Japan! Chiara advises that when it comes to trying something new, you must be willing to put in 110%.
- Don't let the unknown scare you. Trying something new, or starting a new job can be scary and daunting! But once you gain confidence and start believing in yourself, you till realise that being brave and putting yourself out there was the best thing that you could have done! Being risky will always pay off if you put in the hard work!
- Follow your heart and your instinct. If it makes you happy then you know you are on a path towards greatness. Chiara proves that it is never too late to change the direction you are going in and chase your dream.
Chiara's Triple Love Round Answers:
- A magazine she loves: Vogue Japan! Chiara loved reading this magazine even before she worked there! She loves its personal and passionate flair.
- A quote that she loves: ‘Go confidentially in the direction of your dreams and live the life you have imagined to live.’ -Henry Thoreau. Chiara is walking proof of this quote! Although her journey wasn't the smoothest, she changed her direction in the pursuit of happiness, and ended up achieving her career goal!
- A woman who inspires her: Her boss at Vogue Japan, Anna. Chiara greatly admires this women because she inspires her every single day, professionally and personally. The passion and commitment that she puts into her work every day is amazing.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.