SE 2: 8:- Sharmadean Reid - #CREATIVEGIRL: How to have an EPIC launch and Build the COOLEST Nail Brand in Britain!
Welcome to Season 2 Episode 8 of #WEARYOURDREAMS, hosted by Alice Oluyitan and featuring inspirational conversations with girls in business.This week, Alice has a chat with Sharmadean Reid, a London-based Creative Consultant & Stylist, and Founder of the ultra trendy business, WAH nails. Sharmadean is passionate about beauty, art and technology, and this is reflected in her self-made business! The visually creative and psychedelic nature of WAH nails reflects all things Sharmadean, including her taste in fashion and her personality! As a female entrepreneur, she has stayed true to her brand, and is the definition of a #girlboss!
Here’s what we learned from Sharmadean:
- Before creating her own business, Sharmadean worked in fashion as a Stylist and Brand Consultant. She was surrounded by fashionable and creative influencers, and this inspired her to launch her own successful brand. She received great experience and picked up valuable skills that enabled her to make her creative vision possible. She learnt how to create a name for herself and how to market her brand!
- From working in fashion, Sharmadean developed an appreciation for colour coordination and accessories. She appreciates prints, patterns and textures. She especially loves transforming her favourite art into unique nail designs. Sharmadean is fearless in her creativity; she loves to create new, innovative designs that no one has been brave enough to try before!
- Sharmadean encourages our listeners to keep talking about their dreams! Be excited about your brand, and other people will be excited too! By throwing herself into different work environments, Sharmadean learnt how to get influential people interested in her brand. She created a tight network of people in fashion, art and music, and was able to get everyone talking about her brand!
- Sharmadean's entrepreneurial journey is one huge learning curve. It is both a creative and self-developing process! Being your own boss means teaching yourself whilst also teaching the people around you. It's a hands on job, but a completely worthwhile effort!
Sharmadean's Triple Love Round Answers:
- A book she loves: Zero to One by Peter Thiel. This book gives great advice on how to start your own business, and is a must-read for any budding entrepreneur!
- A quote that she loves: ‘Sleep is for billionaires’. Sharmadean explains that business is a hustle and you must ALWAYS be proactive- you haven't got time to rest!
- A woman who inspires her: Lynne Murray, she's a businesswoman who works on projects surrounding augmented reality technology- such an innovative and exciting idea! With Sharmadean's passion for digital, it's no surprise that she finds Lynne inspiring!
Want to learn more about Sharmadean?
- Check out the WAH nails website for awesome nail art inspiration! You can also follow Sharmadean on Twitter and Instagram! (@sharmadeanreid).
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.