SE 2: 4:- Natalie Joos - #FASHIONGIRL: How to make it in fashion according to the Street style Queen AND one of the most INFLUENTIAL women in America!
Here's what we learned from Natalie:
- When starting your fashion career, you must have a positive energy and say yes to anything. Be confident in your abilities, and you'll go far!
- Be persistent, and don't take no for an answer. If you believe in something, keep going after it!
- It's super important to get an internship if you want to work in the fashion industry. Start by making a list of the people who you really admire and would love to work for. Then start applying for internships with them!
- It's also really important to go abroad when you're young. Not only will it boost your fashion knowledge, but it'll help with your growth and maturity.
- As fashion-obsessed as we are, the world doesn't actually revolve around fashion. That's why Natalie recommends studying broad subjects rather than fashion-focused subjects in school. For example, if you want to work in fashion marketing, studying marketing as a whole so you'll have a broader knowledge and understanding of the topic.
Natalie's Triple Love Round Answers
- A place she loves: her New York apartment
- A magazine that she loves: Rolling Stone Magazine because she loves reading about politics and music, and it gives her lots of ideas about up-and-coming stars for her shoots!
- An app that she loves:
- VSCO Cam, an awesome photo-editing app
- NetSet, the Net-a-Porter app
- Raya, a dating app for creative people
- rewardStyle, an app that lets people buy what their fave bloggers are wearing
- Vogue Runway, an app that lets you see over 1 million runway looks
Want to learn more about Natalie Joos?
- Check out Natalie's blog, Tales of Endearment, to see her amazing work, get updates on her travels, and shop in her cool vintage store.
- Follow her on Instagram at @jxxsy to see more of her colourful style pics.
What did you think of our convo with Natalie? Let us know by leaving a comment below or tweeting at @gbemigirls!
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.