Why We Go To Therapy
Listen if: You’re scared of becoming one of those people who starts sentences with "my therapist says..."
This week on the podcast, Jess and Stef discuss therapy, including the stigma surrounding going to therapy and how therapy might be able to benefit you.
- Shame around seeking help for our mental health + how therapy is portrayed in the media.
- Their own experiences seeking out and participating in therapy.
- Going to therapy for crisis control vs maintenance.
- Redefining trauma and holding space for your own healing.
- Normalising the idea of “shopping around” for a therapist.
- How to break up with a therapist who isn’t the right fit.
- How to overcome roadblocks to going to therapy.
- Different types of therapy and whether they could be right for you.
Join our Facebook group at facebook.com/groups/howtwolivethepodcast
To get in touch, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music by: Kinkora
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.