Feelings Are for Feeling
Listen if: You think sad = bad.
This week on the podcast, Jess and Stef discuss the culture of avoiding our feelings that starts in early childhood, and how we can rewire some of the patterns we’re accustomed to when it comes to our emotions.
- Why being with your feelings is a concept that sounds so simple yet is so unheard of for so many people.
- When avoiding your feelings can have a negative effect.
- How to meet your emotions head-on and allow them to dissolve.
- Why distracting yourself from the feeling isn’t effective.
- How to reframe the way we label emotions as “good” or “bad”.
- Finding the bravery to face uncomfortable emotions.
- A practice for opening your heart.
Join our Facebook group at facebook.com/groups/howtwolivethepodcast
To get in touch, email email@example.com.
Music by: Kinkora
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.