How Body Positivity Can Help Everyone Train & Race Better (Part 2 & Part 3)
Part 2 & 3 - Society’s Perceptions & Vulnerability
Welcome to the internet’s most exciting endurance sport and self-improvement podcast, Master of some!
This episode is an opportunity to highlight an underrepresented category —- mental health and mental physical fitness. This is as important as how fast you can run.
We believe a podcast about my physical insecurities, public nudity perception and gender equality actually fits this positive mental health model quite well.
This is a narrative re-release in the "Grower Not a Shower" mental health series. It's part two and three.
This was previously a cross release with another podcast called “Cool Black Dudes” that is on a long term hiatus at the moment.
Please note - The episode while extremely informative contains some foul language and adult content. Listener discretion is advised.
In this episode we'll explain and talk about;
- Society's perceptions around nudity
- The scientific and evolutionary reason why humans shy away from being nude.
- The value of being vulnerable. I feel that vulnerability is the heart of a lot of good things in the world and a key component in our embarrassment with public nudity.
- I'm also joined in this series by Jessa - The Nude Blogger to help tell the female side of this story.
- Travel back in time to hear another fun story from my childhood
- Jessa - The Nude Blogger to help tell the female side of this story.
If this moved you - please share it out to whoever you think would listen
Any and feedback is appreciated - holler at dlake creates dot com or hit us on the socials - dlakecreates everywhere (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter)
Thanks for listening.
MOS COACH SPONSOR
This episode is brought to you by MOS COACH. If you are struggling to perform better as you get older, hit up our one on one coaching service. Whether you're 16 or 60, we are all ageing. Let us help you because you haven't reached your peak, yet!
THREE THING THURSDAY NEWSLETTER
Like what you're hearing? Want to train and live consistently to do dope shit with your health and fitness? Sign for our newsletter "Three Thing Thursday". We'll put three perfectly created and curated things in your inbox. Go here to be inspired and motivated on the regular1
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.