How to fall in love with base training and run faster
Imagine you want to bake the worlds best cake. Base training is like making the best sponge cake possible, speedwork is the icing on the cake, too much icing will spoil it, not enough and it’s not so tasty, but in the right balance you have a perfect and delicious cake.....
In this article/podcast we’ll tell you everything you need to know about base training and why it’s so important to making you an endurance monster!
To find out keep listening on to this episode of trees and dlake.
What You Will Learn
- What base training exactly is.
- How to build volume properly
- Why does base training help
- What being aerobic is vs anaerobica
- When to use it
- What pace is the right pace for base training
- And so much more!
“In a race your heart rate monitor breaks, what would you use: Pace or perceived effort?”
- Mike trees/NRG coaching FREE base training plans - https://www.nrg-coaching.com/english-training-plans
- There are no shortcuts to training for a lonf endurance race (My marathon experiment by running the least amount possible )https://dlakecreates.com/noshortcutstoenduranceraces/
- The science behind building an aerobic base - https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/science-of-aerobic-base-training/
- DLake/Daren Instagram - instagram.com/dlakecreates - Mike Trees - https://instagram.com/run.nrg
- Podcast Concept, Production and Marketing BY POD PASTE
Original Music Used Here
Full Transcript HERE
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.