Everything you need to know about run energy systems
Aerobic, Anerobic... adenosine diphosphate phosphocreatin or ATP-PC.
These are greek and latin words. They are also all different energy systems that we use in endurance sports (and life).
I’ve been in the endurance sport game for 25 years now and it wasn’t until the last few years that I started to get a better understanding of energy systems.
In this episode we’ll explain (in simple metaphors and analogies) exactly what they are, when they are used and how you can use them to train and race your best.
Listen on to find out more on this episode of trees and dlake.
What You Will Learn
- The importance of aerobic base building
- What ATP actually is
- How to utilise anaerobic training to help you at the end of races
- What energy systems are used when you train at Vo2 max and threshold
- And a bunch more!
You can only choose one; Would you rather be healthy or fit?
- Lactate threshold/tempo run training: the correct pace/intensity - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j3XWp5fjx0
- How to find your running speec at lactate threshold - https://www.runnersworld.com/advanced/a20783551/finding-your-running-speed-at-lactate-threshold/#:~:text=Your lactate threshold is the,- and high-intensity work.
- Lactate Threshold explained in 6 mins - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63vdzBw-tqI
- DLake/Daren Instagram - instagram.com/dlakecreates - Mike Trees - https://www.instagram.com/p/CRDu-jzMZ6O/
- Podcast Concept, Production and Marketing BY POD PASTE
Original Music Used Here
Full Transcript HERE
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.