#574 How To Improve Your Confidence with Pricing with Janene Liston, a.k.a The Pricing Lady
This week we welcome to the podcast Janene Liston, a.k.a The Pricing Lady. Janene discovered her passion for pricing after an early career that saw her as an engineer, before venturing into marketing and product management.
Since 2014 Janene has been working independently as 'The Pricing Lady', supporting small business in Europe become more confident in their pricing.
In this episode she shares some of her most important pricing lessons with our listeners.
In today's episode we discuss:
- Why price is only important in the context of value
- Avoiding the trap of pricing based on your competition
- How to respond when a client or prospect says 'that's too expensive'
- Why you should avoid using the word 'costs' in pitches and the better alternatives
- The importance of tiered pricing and how it can help frame your value and move your prospect towards making a decision
- How reframing rejections and objections may help you overcome fear during pitches
- How meditation and mindfulness can support improved confidence in pricing and negotiation
CONNECT WITH JANENE THE PRICING LADY:
REFERENCED ON THIS EPISODE:
- Book: How To Build Your Creative Career by Russell Nohelty: https://amzn.to/3oQOojs
- Podcast: The Advertising Hour - Selling Out with USA Today Best-Selling Science-Fiction & Fantasy https://pod.co/the-advertising-hour/7-selling-out-with-usa-today-best-selling-fantasy-and-science-fiction-author-russell-nohelty
- Article: Pricing Experiments You Might Not Know But Can Learn From https://cxl.com/blog/pricing-experiments-you-might-not-know-but-can-learn-from/
- The Handy Brain Method from Dan Siegel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm9CIJ74Oxw
CONNECT WITH SCOTT:
CONNECT WITH SITEVISIBILITY: