Episode 61 - COVID-19 Special #2: Ecommerce Accelerated and Influencer Marketing Interrupted
Welcome back to the second episode of our COVID-19 special. For as long as we need to work from home, Floor 9 will be coming out with weekly episodes that provide timely information, market intelligence, and actionable insights on COVID-19’s impact on the media and advertising landscape. We are all in this together and want to make sure our listeners have the best information possible in order to make the tough decisions every company is facing during these challenging times.
In the first half of this episode, co-hosts Scott is joined by special guests William Margaritis, SVP, Ecommerce of Reprise; Amie Owens, SVP, Head of Shopper Marketing of UM; and Chad Stoller, Global Innovation Officer of UM, to talk all about how COVID-19 is changing shopping behaviors and accelerating ecommerce growth.
Later in the show, special guest interviewer Hamish Kinniburgh, Global CSO of UM, interviews Ben Jeffries, Founder & CEO of influencer.com, to talk about the state of influencer marketing and what brands need to pay special attention to under the current circumstances.
As usual, we wrap up this episode with Adam and Scott discussing some of the top news stories from this week. Spoiler alert: they are nearly all COVID-19-related.
- Microsoft Team Is Now Available For Non-Enterprise Users [Tom’s Guide]
- Amazon, Walmart Suspend Marketing Deals With Digital Media Firms [The Information]
- NBA Players Go Head-to-head In First 'NBA 2K Players Tournament' [NBA]
- Spotify Launched A Standalone Music Streaming App For Kids [Variety]
- YouTube Planning To Launch New “Shorts” Format To Counter TikTok [9to5Google]
- Apple Purchases Hyperlocal Weather App Dark Sky [9to5Mac]
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.