The essential part of filmmaking that can be totally invisible | Editing with Joe Bini
In this episode, Joe Bini joins Rhianna and Michael to piece together the world of film editing. From his collaborations with Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), Andrea Arnold (American Honey) and Lynne Ramsay (You Were Never Really Here), discover the essence of this cut throat craft, and what goes into (or comes out of) the creation of award-winning cinema.
- Grizzly Man (documentary) One of few of Joe's films that he'd gladly watch again, this poignant and hilarious documentary from Werner Herzog follows a man who lived among the bears. Watch on Prime Video
- You Were Never Really Here (film) Joaquin Phoenix gives a committed performance as a hitman on a rescue mission in Lynne Ramsay's lean and muscular thriller. Watch on Prime Video.
- Into the Abyss (documentary) Werner Herzog takes on capital punishment in a haunting portrayal of death row Watch on Prime Video
- Little Dieter Needs to Fly (documentary) US Navy pilot Dieter Dengler returns to the Laotian jungle where he was kept captive during the Vietnam War with Werner Herzog in tow. Watch on Prime Video with MUBI
- Rescue Dawn (film) Herzog adapted his own documentary to create an intense exploration of the Vietnam War.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.