The Marvelous Production Design of Mr. Groom | Production Design with Bill Groom
This week, multiple Emmy winner Bill Groom joins Rhianna and Michael to take us on a tour of the world of production design. Having created diners, comedy clubs, gin joints and recording studios for the likes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Boardwalk Empire and Vinyl, his sets are extraordinary feats of period detail. But discover why he’s more intent on making the scenery forgettable…
This is Wrap Party, the podcast that toasts the excellence of the creatives and craftspeople working behind-the-scenes on some of your favourite films and TV shows.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (TV series) Beneath the pink and frothy frosting of this 50s set comedy about a woman cracking the world of stand-up is a show with serious bite. Watch on Prime Video.
- Milk (film) Gus Van Sant's Harvey Milk biopic - set in 1970s San Francisco - features full drawers (at Sean Penn's request) and production design to take pride in. Watch on Prime Video,
- Awakenings (film) Penny Marshall's adaptation of Oliver Sacks' memoir saw the beginning of a fruitful working relationship for Bill. Watch on Prime Video.
- A League of their Own (film) Bill Groom got his first hit in the major leagues with Penny Marshall's baseball comedy starring Geena Davis and Tom Hanks. Rent via Prime Video.
- The Preacher's Wife (film) Whitney Houston and Denzel Washington star in an angelic dramedy from Penny Marshall.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.