Changing Fan Behaviour: Time for a rethink
This episode discusses policing, at risk fans. We look at how to change the approach of dealing with anti-social behaviour and problem fans from one of removal and banning, to education and helping them to become better citizens.
- Owen West, former Chief Superintendent at West Yorkshire Police and now Senior Lecturer in Policing at Edge Hill University: https://research.edgehill.ac.uk/en/persons/owen-west
- Amanda Jacks, Caseworker at The Football Supporters Association: https://thefsa.org.uk/our-work/casework
- Kristine Green, Director of Grimsby Town, as well as something of an expert in communications between police and fans, and the club’s Supporter Liaison Officer: https://gtfc.co.uk/kristine-awarded-the-bem
- Sidney Wise, Writer and Researcher, Think Fan Engagement: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sidney-wise-231431201
- ‘Cleveland Police slammed over Hartlepool United v Stockport County match dogs tweet: https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/cleveland-police-slammed-over-hartlepool-25668716
- Mark Roberts' cocaine remarks: https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/football-fans-staggered-by-police-chiefs-ignorance-towards-safe-standing-309247
- Liam Scully, CEO at Lincoln City, condemning Roberts' remarks: https://www.weareimps.com/news/2022/november/CEO-resonds-to-police-chief-claims
- The Anfield Wrap Podcast - special (with Amanda Jacks from The FSA) https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2022/07/podcast-dark-side-of-football-paying-price-for-passion-special)?
- Standard Liege intervention programme https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36516017
- Germany’s fanprojekt programme: https://www.lemonde.fr/en/sports/article/2022/09/12/is-germany-s-innovative-approach-to-football-hooliganism-paying-off_5996604_9.html
- EFL sanctions guidelines for clubs: https://thefsa.org.uk/news/efl-unveils-new-sanctions-policy/
Apologies for the poor sound quality in places.
Keep an eye out on https://fanengagement.net and find our socials on https://linktr.ee/thinkfanengagement
Please like, subscribe and share. It really does help our visibility.
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/fan-engagement-pod.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.