37. The Future of Branding in the Post-Pandemic World with Marc Cloosterman
All of us are going through unprecedented transformations; the way we communicate, the way we shop and connect with others have changed. And even when we are longing for life to go back to normal, most likely, many things will not go back to the way they were before the pandemic. The same goes for companies and brands. Reality forced them to change the way they do business, and they had to adapt to people's new habits and preferences. Those who identify the best path of adapting will be the fortunate ones, the ones that will emerge victorious in the post-pandemic world.
Almost one year after our first interview, Marc Cloosterman is with us again to talk about the future of branding in the world during and after the pandemic. Marc is the Founder and CEO of VIM Group; he is an accomplished speaker and blogger on various global platforms. He is co-chair of the Page working group on Corporate Brand, country chair of Page in Germany and The Netherlands, and ambassador of the working group on Brand Leadership of the European Association of Communication Directors. He is also the author of Future Proof Your Brand.
In this episode, we talked about Marc's observations on what changes we can expect from consumers in the following years. Since many people have relocated during the pandemic, Marc kindly shared how he thinks cities will re-arrange after the pandemic. We also talked about the future of the real estate industry and how companies are shifting into inbound marketing. Marc shared many interesting insights about interface power and how new platforms adapt to the imminent interface changes.
Tune in and listen to Episode 37 of Moving Beyond Your Tribe to hear Marc's masterclass about the future of branding in the forthcoming years.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What have you learned from working with these various corporations managing your own company in this situation? (3:39)
- From the experience of growing your business during this time, what are the three things people needed to think about in the following months? (9:58)
- Do you believe now that communications and PR are more critical in developing a thought leader? (21:04)
- If you look at the whole space of video and Zoom and how brands brand themselves, what have you learned from this year? (26:06)
- What other companies would you say did an excellent turnaround? (42:40)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Turning into more virtual connections reduced the distance between people for international companies (7:20)
- Why companies are making considerable efforts in client retention (15:53)
- A relatively new position is increasing its relevance, the Chief Digital Officer (25:27)
- Pros and cons of Clubhouse and why it is so successful (29:30)
- How the younger generations get informed and consume content (38:12)
- VIM Group website
- Book: Marc Cloosterman - Future Proof Your Brand: Data-Driven Insights to Implement, Manage, and Optimise Your Brand Performance
Connect with Marc:
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.