Introducing Mick Wall’s New Podcast: Getcha Rocks Off - 1 Tales from the Sunset Strip
In this episode of Getcha Rocks Off, Mick Wall and his guest co-host, author and journalist Jon Hotten, as they jump into a DeLorean and venture back in time to the spandex and AquaNet hairspray-adorned Sunset Strip of West Hollywood in the '80s.
They unpack many tales from their travels, and explore:
- the iconic Rainbow Bar & Grill
- the origins of glam, hair metal
- Franki Banali and Quiet Riot
- Ozzy and Sharon
- the rise of Motley Crue
- Mud wrestling at the Tropicana
- Tommy Lee squaring off with David Lee Roth
- The feud between Axl Rose and Vince Neil
- Guns 'n Roses
- Gin fizzes
- Twisted Sister hunting Krokus at Covent Garden
- Joe Perry scoring from the enigmatic Izzy Stradlin
- the curious case behind Bruce Dickinson not getting any songwriting credits on Iron Maiden's Somewhere in Time album
...and a whole bunch more sex, drugs n rock 'n roll!
Find Getcha Rocks Off at:
- Web: www.nofilter.media/getcharocksoff
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/getcha-rocks-off-with-mick-wall/id1534949847
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/0fCjXDHJqHFWC6UHODRzAg
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9nZXRjaGFyb2Nrc29mZi5saWJzeW4uY29tL3Jzcw?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiXy-TV2MLsAhXPq54KHfHlAC0Q9sEGegQIARAC
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/boost-your-biology-with-lucas-aoun/getcha-rocks-off-with-mick-wall
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.