Emma Forrest (Replay): Terrible First Drafts & Writing Your Life
Today's guest is one of my favourites Emma Forrest – it is a replay episode that we recorded back in December 2019. She is the author of three novels, an essay collection and the memoir Your Voice In My Head, one of my favourite memoirs on mental health. In this episode we discuss her new novel ROYALS and we chat about her career, creativity, meditation, her writing process and even a little story about Adam Driver. Emma has a brand new brilliant memoir out called Busy Being Free “A Lifelong Romantic Is Seduced by Solitude" and will leave a link to it in the shownotes. It is a stunning memoir about divorce, but really; self-love, self-acceptance and romancing yourself. It's beautiful, bold, generous, fragile, strong, sexy, open-hearted with every sentence packing a punch. Hope you enjoy this episode.
- Emma's new book BUSY BEING FREE: https://uk.bookshop.org/a/153/9781474620628
- Emma's memoir Your Voice In My Head: https://uk.bookshop.org/a/153/9781408822067
- My Substack page, come and say hi: https://thehyphen.substack.com/
- My books: https://uk.bookshop.org/contributors/emma-gannon
- Books mentioned on Ctrl Alt Delete podcast: https://uk.bookshop.org/lists/books-mentioned-on-ctrl-alt-delete-podcast
- Twitter: Twitter.com/emmagannon
- Instagram: Instagram.com/emmagannonuk
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.