#392 Vicky Spratt: We Need To Talk About Britain's Housing Crisis
My guest today is Vicky Spratt, the author of TENANTS: The People on the Frontline of Britain's Housing Emergency and journalist whose work regularly shapes public policy. She is also currently the iPaper's Housing Correspondent. Her 2016 campaign Make Renting Fair got letting fees in England and Wales banned, and she has spoken at political conferences, appeared on BBC News, Newsnight, Woman's Hour, Radio 4 and tons more. Vicky is an incredible voice on this issue and I found this episode really galvanising, enraging, inspiring and empowering. Vicky has a way of making people wake up and feel engaged when it comes to issues that feel pretty overwhelming. I hope you enjoy this episode and if you did please consider sharing with a friend or leaving a review - or both! Thanks for listening.
- Join my Substack community and come and say hi! https://thehyphen.substack.com/
- Buy TENANTS here: https://uk.bookshop.org/a/153/9781788161275
- Check out the work of Kwajo Tweneboa: https://bit.ly/3sXemWq
- Buy DISCONNECTED here: https://uk.bookshop.org/a/153/9781529373127
- My books: https://uk.bookshop.org/contributors/emma-gannon
- My favourite 2022 reads: https://uk.bookshop.org/lists/best-reads-of-2022
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.