#389 Sheila Heti: Art is the Opposite of an Algorithm
My guest today is the brilliant Sheila Heti, author of Motherhood and How Should a Person Be? In this episode we discuss her latest book Pure Colour, a new novel l about art, love, loss and time. It has been described as a galaxy of a novel: explosive, bright, huge and streaked with beauty. Sheila Heti has also been described as philosopher of modern experience - and I really enjoyed this conversation. Motherhood, her novel which grapples with the question of whether or not to have kids was a huge inspiration on me - and I think Sheila is one of the most talented artists of our time. Enjoy this conversation, I loved it and was on cloud nine after recording!
- My Substack! https://thehyphen.substack.com/
- Sheila Heti's Pure Colour: https://uk.bookshop.org/a/153/9781787302808
- Sheila Heti's books: https://uk.bookshop.org/contributors/sheila-heti
- My books: https://uk.bookshop.org/contributors/emma-gannon
- Books Mentioned On Ctrl Alt Delete Podcast: https://uk.bookshop.org/lists/books-mentioned-on-ctrl-alt-delete-podcast
- Twitter: Twitter.com/emmagannon
- Instagram: Instagram.com/emmagannonuk
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.