#319 Dawn O'Porter (From The Archives): The Freedom of Writing Fiction
This is a replay of a previous episode with Dawn O’Porter. Dawn has actually come on this podcast 3 times, but this is a replay of the latest conversation we had in 2019, about her brilliant novel So Lucky. She is the author of 6 books including the award-winning YA books Paper Aeroplanes and Goose, her first adult novel The Cows was a Sunday Times Bestseller and her latest book "SO LUCKY" is also a Sunday Times bestseller. The novel is about three women and how life really isn't as perfect as it looks. Ruby is feeling like she's failing as a mother, Beth is in a sexless marriage and online influencer Lauren is not telling the truth on Instagram. We talk about writing fiction, finding inspiration and the power of saying no. Also wanted to take this opportunity to mention that since this interview Dawn has launched a Patreon page where she says writing, videos, competitions, it’s really fun and a great place to hang out if you’re a fan of Dawn’s work. Hope you enjoy this episode re-run!
- My books:.https://uk.bookshop.org/contributors/emma-gannon
- My favourite 2020 books: https://uk.bookshop.org/lists/my-favourite-reads-of-2020-9bf19342-f535-4856-ab1a-d523f5ecd98a
- My 2021 picks: https://uk.bookshop.org/lists/2021-books-i-m-excited-about-619ab32f-f22e-4282-a0e7-71732055e3c7
- Twitter: Twitter.com/emmagannon
- Instagram: Instagram.com/emmagannonuk
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.