We’ve all suffered from ‘Not Enough Syndrome’ at some point in our lives.
“In our relentless pursuit for external validation, we've lost sight with the fact that validation actually comes from within always, and I think that actually applies to business and products.”
Tara Schuster was told early on to pick a lane and stick with it. She couldn’t be or do more than one thing, but luckily for the rest of us she rejected this notion and has since become an author, playwright, and accomplished entertainment executive, currently serving as Vice President of Talent and Development at Comedy Central.
In her first book, Buy Yourself the F*cking Lilies, which lies at the intersection of self-help humour and memoir, she shares hard-won lessons in learning to love and care for yourself.
“I think we are very good at being mean to ourselves and treating ourselves with such little care. I mean shocking because we'll treat a guest 10X better than we'll treat ourselves.”
This episode is as brutally honest as her book and a refreshing listen for anyone who is struggling with self-doubt.
In this podcast:
- Her standard day structure
- How to become more self aware
- The difference between a truth and a belief
- We need to unlearn cruelty
- Not every experience has to be exceptional
- Anyone can be a leader
- Tara’s Book - Buy Yourself the F*cking Lilies: and Other Rituals to Fix Your Life from Someone Who has Been There
- Julia Cameron’s - The Artist’s Way
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.