5 ways to bring the yoga tradition into modern classes
On our live episode two weeks ago, we answered the question, ‘Is this thing that we’re doing still yoga?’ Jason shared five principles that make even the most modern practices a yoga practice. On this episode, we will walk through how yoga teachers can bring these principles to life in their teaching.
- Here are some of the ideas we talk through:
- Reflecting on whether classes still have liberatory qualities, inviting students to grow beyond self-limiting beliefs and identifications.
- Introducing intentional theming or recommended readings to enhance students' understanding of yoga philosophy and its application.
- Incorporating abhyasa (effort) and vairagya (letting go) -- balancing striving with non-attachment to outcomes in the practice.
- Encouraging students to focus on specific skills to enhance the transformational aspect of yoga.
- Inviting students to cultivate self-awareness by observing their self-talk, patterns of reactivity, and responses to discomfort during practice.
For shownotes, visit www.yogalandpodcast.com/episode306
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/yogaland.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.