30YearsWar #71: Au Revoir Richelieu 
Get 16% off an annual Patreon membership and access to our new series examining Anglo-American Relations from 1838-46 when you sign up now!
The Battle of Rocroi was a signal French triumph, but it did not transform the face of the war, either in the Netherlands or in Europe. A Bavarian victory later in the year at Tutlingen made 1643 a year of ups and owns, but of far greater consequence than who won, was who left the scene after so many years. Within a season, Cardinal Richelieu, King Louis XIII and the Count Duke Olivares all departed, leaving behind a war which was to change the face of early modern Europe. Fortunately, in Richelieu's case at least, the baton had been passed into some very capable hands...
**DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW THESE LINKS!**
1) To support the podcast financially in return for some extra audio content, check out Patreon!
2) To find a community of history friends, look at our Facebook page and group!
3) To keep up to date with us, follow us on Twitter!
4) Matchlock and the Embassy, our new historical fiction novel, is out NOW! Get it here
5) Researcher? Student? Podcaster? Use Perlego to access a massive online library of books, and get a week for free!Get bonus content on Patreon
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.