Moving Forward after Speaking Out
In today's episode, new host Bozzers chats with fellow fan and support worker Nona Mirana about what the pair hope to see from British wrestling promotions and training schools following the #SpeakingOut movement. What needs to be done before fans feel comfortable returning to - and spending money on - the graps?
Further reading and references:
- Talk Mental Health Wrestling (support resources): https://talkmentalhealthwrestling.weebly.com
- Equity's response to Speaking Out: https://www.equity.org.uk/news/2020/august/equitys-response-to-the-speaking-out-movement/
- What's a DBS check? https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service/about
- Safeguarding experts, the Ann Craft Trust: https://www.anncrafttrust.org/
- Sports England Safeguarding Code - Martial Arts: https://www.safeguardingcode.com/
- An overview of sexual offending in England and Wales: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/an-overview-of-sexual-offending-in-england-and-wales
- Women's Aid Domestic Abuse Directory: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/
- NSPCC advice on sports, clubs and other activities: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/away-from-home/sports-clubs-activities/
- Nona's open letter to British wrestling: https://medium.com/@nonamirana/an-open-letter-to-brit-wrestling-2b05902cfe21
- "Here's the truth about false accusations of sexual violence": http://www.open.ac.uk/research/news/false-accusations-sexual-violence
- Alex Davies-Jones, the chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Wrestling: https://twitter.com/AlexDaviesJones
- Nona Mirana on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NonaMirana
- Bozzers on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Bozzers
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/tuesdaynightjaw.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.