Reduced to a screaming seven-year-old
Switzerland knock out world champions France on penalties after a 3-3 draw in Bucharest. We try to explain the magnificence of Xhaka and Pogba. And would France have fared better with Laporte?
Speaking of Laporte, his Spanish side beat Croatia 5-3 after extra time. How to explain a free-scoring team with a struggling striker?
England and Germany face off at Wembley on Tuesday. Raphael Honigstein tells us why he’s worried about German improv up against a heavily rehearsed England.
Plus Sweden Ukraine, Dutch despair from 2000 and attempting to explain the own goal epidemic.
• PART 1: Switzerland knock out France on penalties (04m 30s)
• PART 2: Croatia 3-5 Spain (19m 00s)
• PART 3a: England v Germany preview with Raphael Honigstein (31m 30s)
• PART 3b: Sweden v Ukraine preview (47m 00s)
• PART 4: The odds with Paddy Power (51m 30s)
• PART 5: On This Day – Toldo and Totti torment the Dutch (54m 00s)
SIGN UP TO THE ATHLETIC FOR £1 A MONTH FOR YOUR FIRST 6 MONTHS:
GET IN TOUCH:
• follow us on Instagram
• find us on Facebook
• send us a tweet: @TheTotallyShow
• we’re sponsored by Paddy Power - home of the Money Back Special
READ STUFF ON OUR WEBSITE:
• check out thetotallyfootballshow.com.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices