Brighton’s brains over brawn, while Man City scare us all
Man City stroll to an opening day victory at the London Stadium. Who can stop the latent threat of Erling Haaland? And have Liverpool already given City an advantage they won’t claw back?
Brighton claim their first ever win at Old Trafford in classy style. We sing the Seagulls’ praises and ask why do United keep signing centre-backs?
Elsewhere, William Saliba owns his Premier League debut and Dejan Kulusevski makes all the top clubs in Europe wonder what they missed out on.
Plus Scott Parker’s suit, which game was unwatchable and which player resembled a Victorian child ghost?
• PART 1a: Hasty predictions (02.00)
• PART 1b: Man City win, Liverpool don’t (05.30)
• PART 2a: Man Utd 1-2 Brighton (21.00)
• PART 2b: Daniel went to Leeds and Leicester (29.30)
• PART 3a: Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are victorious (37.00)
• PART 3b: Bournemouth win and Forest lose (47.00)
SIGN UP TO THE ATHLETIC TODAY FOR £1 A MONTH FOR THE FIRST 6 MONTHS
GET IN TOUCH:
• follow us on Instagram
• find us on Facebook
• send us a tweet: @TheTotallyShow
READ STUFF ON OUR WEBSITE:
• check out thetotallyfootballshow.com.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices