Let’s talk about school uniforms
Kate and Mandy tackle a topic they’ve been wanting to talk about for ages - school uniforms!
How do Peas manage the variety of peashoot challenges – physical, sensory, gender diversity – while facing often outdated, inflexible and arbitrary school uniform rules?
Let’s be honest, school uniforms can often be ableist, sexist, a marker of class privilege and downright scratchy! Kate and Mandy talk about many of the uniform challenges they’ve confronted with their own peashoots, and want to hear your stories too – send in speakpipes and tell us, so we can start a new Pea uniform revolution! What do we want? Comfy, sports-style, flexible uniform options that suit a variety of needs and make all peashoots feel like they belong! When do we want it? Now!
Laugh, cry, make a difference:
· Kate and Mandy both love The Awesome Kids Oracle Cards by Lyndy Jewell.
· Mandy is waiting for a call through Be My Eyes – a free app to connects blind and low-vision people with sighted volunteers for help through a live video call.
· Kate loves Line Of Duty.
· Kate and Mandy are thrilled that My Dad Wrote A Porno is back!
Other Pea Business:
- Pre-order our forthcoming book The Invisible Life Of Us or come along to our Melbourne book launch on July 20!
- Get your tickets to a live Too Peas show recording at the Melbourne Podcast Festival on Saturday July 31 in Melbourne!
- Forecast for Thursday June 24 – Late shower or two, 16 degrees
Thank you for supporting Too Peas In A Podcast! Don’t forget to rate and review.
Contact us here:
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.