Advocating for your ADHD child: meet pea champion Lou
Today Kate & Mandy are talking to Lou who knows all about advocating for children with ADHD. Lou is part of the core group who erected Parents for ADHD Advocacy in Australia (PAAA) to improve the outcomes for kids with ADHD at school, and smash the stigma that exists around ADHD. Have a look at the PAAA website and Facebook group.
Informative links mentioned in this episode:
- OLT ADHD free online course
- QUT free course on Inclusive Education and teaching students with complex trauma
- Disability Discrimination Act Fact Sheet and Disability Standards in Education Fact Sheet
- Australian Centre for Disability Law (free legal advice)
- Book Lost at School by Dr Ross Greene
- Book Beyond Behaviours by Dr Mona Delahooke
- Family Advocacy (NSW Advocacy group)
- Association for children with a disability (VIC advocacy group)
- Australian Coalition for Inclusive Education and Queensland Collective for Inclusive Education
- Lou Brown's teacher guide
- My special Child by Rebecca Perkins
Submit your story to the Disability Royal Commission
Laugh / Cry / Make a Difference
- Mandy is enjoying The Masked Singer (Channel 10)
- The ISO Journal by Sharon Witt
- Kate ordered an ISO countdown calendar with handmade chocolates from Kep Whitley
- YouTuber twins Timothy and Fred Williams watch songs they haven’t heard...
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/too-peas-in-a-podcast.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.