Michel Roux Jr
Today, I’m joined by a legend of the culinary world, the chef, restaurateur and broadcaster, Michel Roux Jr. Michel was practically born in a kitchen when his mother went into labour during service at his father’s restaurant. He’s the son of Albert Roux and the nephew of Michel Roux, brothers who revolutionised the restaurant business in the UK when they opened Le Gavroche in 1967, famously becoming the first establishment in this country to gain one, two and then three Michelin stars. When his father retired in 1993, Michel Jr took over the world-famous restaurant, quickly becoming a household name on TV shows like Masterchef The Professionals, Remarkable Places to Eat and he now has a new TV show, set in Provence, which he’ll tell us all about. Chefs tend be very well travelled, and Michel is no exception. His travel diaries take us on a delectable journey from Lyon to Hong Kong, The Seychelles to Las Vegas.
- Shipbourne, Kent, England
- Fairlawne Estate, Kent, England
- Paris, France
- Lyons, France
- Hong Kong
- Aberdeen, Hong Kong
- West Coast of USA
- Spago Restaurant, San Francisco, USA
- Chez Panisse, San Francisco, USA
- The Seychelles
- Bird Island, Seychelles
- Marie Antoinette restaurant, Mahe, Seychelles
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Ardèche, France
- Pont Sant Espirit, France
- South America
Watch Michel Roux's French Country Cooking as a boxset exclusively on Discovery+.
Thank you to my sponsors -
- The Tourism Authority of Thailand welcomes you to join them for Visit Thailand Year 2022 - Amazing New Chapters. Find the A-Z of amazing things to see and do in Thailand and the latest travel advice at www.fanclubthailand.co.uk
- Naladhu Private Island, an exclusive luxury island resort in the Maldives. Visit naladhu.com to find out more and book that trip of a lifetime.
To find out who’s joining me next week, follow me on Instagram, I’m @hollyrubenstein. If you can’t wait until then, there’s always the first five seasons to catch up on, with guests from Sir Michael Palin to Heston Blumenthal.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.