Ask Catherine & David 5 – How long will Lendl keep coaching Zverev? Should let serves be abolished? What goes into player appearance fee negotiations?
Before they left Melbourne to return home following the Australian Open, David Law and Catherine Whitaker recorded another Q&A special edition of The Tennis Podcast, featuring discussion on numerous topical issues within the sport. This one is guest edited by Jim Boyle.
- How long will Ivan Lendl maintain patience with Alexander Zverev? (01:25)
- Where does Milos Raonic rank in the list of favourites for Wimbledon? (06:45)
- Who has more potential – Katie Swan or Katie Boulter? (10:58)
- Will La Caja Mágica in Madrid make a good venue for the Davis Cup Finals? (14:28)
- Who is best-placed to succeed Serena Williams as the next serial winner of Grand Slams? (17:13)
- What goes into negotiations for appearance fees? (22:44)
- Should the Let serve be abolished? (26:24)
- Why do some players want to remove Chris Kermode from his position as ATP president? (31:42)
- Has women’s tennis ever been in a better place? (36:20)
The Tennis Podcast will be uploaded weekly throughout 2019 and daily at the Grand Slam tournaments, courtesy of our Kickstarter backers. It is produced in associated with The Telegraph.
*** SOCIAL MEDIA ***
Instagram - http://po.st/TTP_Instagram
Twitter - http://po.st/TTP_Twitter
Facebook - http://po.st/TTP_Facebook
*** NEWSLETTER ***
Sign-up here for our weekly newsletter - http://po.st/TTP_NewsletterFor information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy