Ask Catherine & David 6 – Can players become over reliant on their coaches? Is dominance good for tennis? Which new rule changes should be trialled?
For the next two weeks our listeners will be setting the agenda on The Tennis Podcast as Catherine Whitaker and David Law take part in a couple of Q&A episodes. This week’s questions have been chosen by guest editor Keturah Anderssen-Chivers:
· Are players damaging their chances of progressing in Grand Slams by regularly requesting on-court coaching on the WTA Tour? (01:09)
· Is it better for the sport to have four outstanding players who dominate, or have a range of players competing more evenly? (14:25)
· Is it unfair for a top player to enter 250 events - where they are likely to dominate - just so they can hit milestones? (20:31)
· Which new rule changes should be trialled at this year’s Next Gen Finals? (24:30)
· What are the pros and cons of working at tennis tournaments as journalists rather than attending as fans? (30:05)
· Who are the best players aged 25 and above not to have won a Grand Slam title? And will they win one? (35:55)
· Which players have had the most disappointing start to 2019? (39:45)
The Tennis Podcast will be released weekly throughout the year and daily at all four Grand Slam tournaments, courtesy of our Kickstarter backers. It is produced in association with The Telegraph.
*** SOCIAL MEDIA ***
Instagram - http://po.st/TTP_Instagram
Twitter - http://po.st/TTP_Twitter
Facebook - http://po.st/TTP_Facebook
*** NEWSLETTER ***
Sign-up here to receive our weekly newsletter - http://po.st/TTP_NewsletterFor information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy