A Ski Podcast Special: Picture Organic Clothing
Sustainability in the clothing industry has never been more important, with research showing it is responsible for up to 10% of greenhouse gas emissions (https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2019/09/23/costo-moda-medio-ambiente) and 20% of all global wastewater.
During this interview we discuss many topics including:
· the history of the company
· their supply chain and how they source their materials
· why they choose to manufacture in Turkey & China and not France
· what steps they are taking to reduce packaging
· how they are making their new offices as sustainable as possible
· whether in the future a zero-emission ski jacket might be possible
We also mention this survey (https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/retail/our-insights/the-influence-of-woke-consumers-on-fashion) by consultancy McKinsey about consumer views on sustainable fashion.
If you’d like to find out more, you may find these two links useful:
If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, please do share it on social and tag us at @theskipodcast