RRP: "The Wayne Rooney Effect" - The Sunderland AFC 3-1 Birmingham City Review!
Gav halts his weekend bender (temporarily) to chat with our Chris Wynn about Sunderland's 3-1 victory over old Wayne Rooney's Birmingham City at the Stadium of Light this afternoon!
What's the crack?
- That's a lovely way to enter an international break isn't it? How we all feeling after that?
- Huggins is the boy; after an injury to Cirkin in the warm-up brought in another of our less experienced lads in Nectar Triantis, Niall managed to not only be exactly where he was needed at the back, but also made a brilliant run to help secure all three points.
- Clarke's class and Jobe's job done; great performances from both but Roberts seemed to struggle after a dodgy challenge and then card from another terrible referee.
- Some interesting subs from Mowbray paid off in the end as the Lads settled into a good rhythm in the second half despite losing a well performing Rusyn up top; Adil showed his class once again and got a goal for his troubles and Mayenda - who looks like some player - attempted to decapitate John Ruddy for a laugh.
- Was that a weird game to try and review? The lads try work out where exactly they stand and Gav remembers to slip in your three word reviews!
- Poor Wayne continues to look like he's not got a clue why he's in football management; good luck to Birmingham for the remainder of this season.
- All this and more! Ha'way the Lads!
#SAFC #EFL #EFLChampionship
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.