ROKER RAPPORT RECAP: Full analysis of Sunderland's win at the weekend and ahead to Crewe!
Chris chats to Connor and Bomber about the win over a poor Swindon Town on Saturday and ahead to tonight's fixture against Crewe as well as the situation with both our defensive and attacking lines.
What are we talking about?
- Connor decides he wants to drop some particularly hot takes this week, including the question of one Aiden McGeady and if there's any chance he will be brought back in for added attacking threat;
- Looking at the situation with Sunderland's attack in general; Despite Wyke scoring at the weekend, is his presence on the team sheet a hindrance to our attacking alternatives or are we all being a bit unfair regarding some of the criticism he receives?
- Parkinson; Well he's certainly collected enough points and results to make it look, on paper at least, like we're off to a flyer.. But just how much of our current success is reliant on the other teams slipping up and a big helping of luck, and if the luck is actually with us for once.. How long will it last?
- How vital are players like Denver Hume to our style of play, and do we have enough cover overall to cope with multiple injury scenarios throughout the season?
- Looking ahead to tonight's match with Crewe Alexandra at the Stadium of Light; What do we expect the starting lineup to be, do we think players like the resurgent and increasingly vital Grant Leadbitter can play as frequently with midweek games coming up?
All this and much more! Stay safe and as usual, thanks for listening!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.