ROKER RAPPORT PODCAST: The Price of Sunderland - with football finance expert Kieran Maguire!
Following up his recent appearance on the Wise Men Say podcast surrounding the current situation at the club, University of Liverpool's Football Industries MBA lecturer, financial expert, author of The Price of Football, and host of the Price of Football podcast - Kieran Maguire joined our Rich for a quick chat about the position SAFC find themselves in.
What are we talking about?
- Money; Recent leaks suggest a large hole in the club accounts, so what does this mean exactly?
- Kieran's opinion on the current climate and state of the market when it comes to buying and selling clubs in 2020;
- If he was asked to advise Madrox Partners on what they should be doing right now regarding Sunderland, what would his advice be?
- Is fan ownership a viable option for the fans of a club like ours; Kieran gives a brief rundown on the fortunes of other clubs who are currently, or were up until recently, fan owned.
- Should Stewart Donald be prioritising profit over what is in the best interests of the club regarding it's possible sale?
- Kieran's thoughts on financial rules and regulations in the leagues and how that is affected by the governing bodies of the sport as opposed to the rule of English law, if at all.
All this and more!
Stay home. Save lives. Protect the NHS.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.