ROKER RAPPORT PODCAST: Reaction to Sunderland’s win against the Dons w/ The Lake Poets!
This week we had the pleasure of having Marty Longstaff - AKA The Lake Poets - join us to discuss Saturday’s victory over Wimbledon, the reaction to comments made on the last Podcast with Stewart Donald, and his career as a singer-songwriter (before finishing off the Pod with a little treat for us all!) You can listen in, for free as usual, on Acast, iTunes, Spotify, and of course YouTube, Get stuck in!
What are we talking about?
- Saturday's match; Was it quite as dull as people thought, and are we looking at 3 points on the board with a little too much negativity?
- Tactics; Are set pieces ever going to be a strength of ours? Will Connor ever get his wish of playing Sweet Luke further forward?
- Social media; The lads respond to Saturday's revelations about personal attacks and threats made against our owner and his family over the transfer window, and take a look at how social media as a whole may possibly be impacting the team's performance and the player's mentality.
- Atmosphere at the SoL; Are we doing enough, and could we do more?
- Marty talks about his life as a MLF and waxes lyrical on some fascinating aspects of songwriting and the creative process;
- How he found himself providing the intro for the Netfflix series - Sunderland Till I Die, and his experience of the world's reaction to his music;
Finally, after Alex loses £50 live on air, we've made a slight adjustment to our outro this week, courtesy of The Lake Poets. Spoiler alert: It's absolutely beautiful! Listen In!
If somehow you aren't familiar with the Lake Poets music as yet, we urge you to check these links out 👍🏼
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.