ROKER RAPPORT PODCAST: Ex-Sunderland midfielder JEFF WHITLEY discusses the spiral of addiction
Former Sunderland midfielder Jeff Whitley joins us to discuss his time at the club, and how it intertwined with mental health and addiction issues that he’s still coping with today. You can listen for FREE on Acast, iTunes, Spotify, & YouTube - get stuck in.
What are we talking about?
- Just how did Mick McCarthy pick the club off the floor and lead us to promotion?
- Missing out on the FA Cup semi-final due to suspension;
- THAT penalty miss; did it really affect him or is it just one of those things?
- His battle with drug addiction, his recovery and his work within the PFA wellbeing team;
- The importance of treating players as human beings and not just valuable assets;
All this and much more. Mature themes discussed. Parental guidance is advised.*
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.