The pound drops, but will it sink or swim?
The biggest drop in the pound since 1971, rumours of hedge funds shorting the currency, and claims Tory MPs are not happy about it. But is it time to worry? The Evening Standard’s Political Editor Nicholas Cecil explains what has happened, and the impact a drop in the pound could have. Plus Matthew Lesh from the Institute of Economic Affairs explains why some good could come from the fall in Sterling. In this episode:
- The pound’s record drop explained
- How could the Bank of England boost the pound?
- Unrest among some backbench Conservative MPs
- Could the drop be a temporary blip?
- How a crash in the 80s was a turning point for Sterling
- Why it’s a case of ‘wait and see’
Follow us on Twitter #TheLeaderPodcast
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.