Jeremy Hunt’s Autumn Statement explained
Energy price cap extended beyond April, windfall tax hiked to 35%, more money for schools and the NHS. Following the Chancellor’s Autumn Statement, our Deputy Political Editor David Bond deconstructs today’s medium-term budget announcement. Plus economist Fran Boait from Positive Money gives her reaction to the fiscal plans. In this episode:
- Jeremy Hunt’s tax rises explained
- How will the public react to more tax rises?
- Where has spending been cut?
- The ‘grim’ mood at Westminster
- Why the government should have focussed more on wages
- People feeling the impacts of the economy ‘from all directions’
Follow us on Twitter #TheLeaderPodcast
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.