Can Liz Truss recover from humiliating tax U-turn?
The “disbelief” at the Chancellor’s tax U-turn. Does the public respect Kwasi Kwarteng for ‘listening’ to them? Is Liz Truss lacking support within the Tory party? Our Political Editor Nicholas Cecil discusses the government’s controversial U-turn on plans to scrap the 45% top tax rate. Plus Julia Davies from Patriotic Millionaires UK explains why the wealthy should be taxed even more. In this episode:
- The Conservative Conference reacts to the U-turn
- Was pressure from Michael Gove and Grant Shapps too much?
- Could we now see more policy U-turns?
- Have the PM and Chancellor lost their credibility?
- Why it isn’t a ‘complete U-turn’
- Should the wealthy be taxed more to pay for the cost of living crisis?
Follow us on Twitter #TheLeaderPodcast
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.