079: Making the Most of Your Second Semester in Law School
Welcome back! Today, we’re talking about making the most of your second semester of law school.
By now, you probably have some or all of your grades back, so this is a good time to take stock of where you are and make any changes necessary to get the most out of your second semester.
In this episode we discuss:
- Dealing with your first semester grades, whether they're good, bad, or in the middle
- What do your 1L first semester grades really indicate?
- Calibrating your expectations
- Evaluating what went well and what you need to improve on
- How your grades can affect your 1L summer job search
- What should you be focusing on in the second semester?
- What you can be doing to advance your future legal career, even as a 1L
- Preparing for the law journal write-on process
- Thinking about Moot Court
- Extra-curricular activities to consider getting involved with second semester
- Taking care of yourself
- Handling burnout
- The Law School Toolbox Second Semester ReBoot course, if your grades need to improve
- Law School Toolbox Second Semester ReBoot (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/join-second-semester-reboot-law-school-camp/)
- Dealing with Bad Law School Grades (podcast) (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-28-dealing-bad-law-school-grades/)
- Job Search Basics for 1Ls (podcast) (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-24-job-search-basics-1ls/)
- Acing Oral Arguments in Law School (podcast) (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-53-acing-oral-arguments-law-school/)
- Surviving Law School Moot Court (podcast) (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-37/)
- Acing the Law Review Write-On Competition (podcast) (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-42-acing-law-review-write-competition/)
- Where to Get Help in Law School (podcast) (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/podcast-episode-17-get-help-law-school/)
- How to Conduct Great Informational Interviews (http://thegirlsguidetolawschool.com/how-to-conduct-great-informational-interviews/)
- The Binge Breaker (http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/11/the-binge-breaker/501122/)
If you enjoy the podcast, we'd love a nice review and/or rating on iTunes. And feel free to reach out to us directly. You can always reach us via the contact form on the Law School Toolbox website (http://lawschooltoolbox.com/contact).
Thanks for listening! Good luck second semester.
Alison & Lee