Flying Saucers in '47: 75 Years of the UFO Mystery | MHP 06.22.22.
On June 24, 1947, pilot Kenneth Arnold was flying over Mount Rainier Washington when he observed a group of unusual flying objects that he could not identify. Sharing news of his sighting when he landed shortly afterward, Arnold's account soon made it into American newspapers, and even came to the attention of the United States government. In short, the era of the "Flying Saucer" had begun, giving rise to one of the most controverisal topics in recent history: unidentified flying objects.
This week on The Micah Hanks Program, to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Arnold's sighting, we are joined by author and historian Charles Lear, whose new book, The Flying Saucer Investigators, chronicles the history of the researchers who went in search of answers to this enduring mystery of the space age.
Enjoy The Micah Hanks Program? Check out Micah's other podcasts here.Want to advertise/sponsor The Micah Hanks Program?
We have partnered with the fine folks at Gumball to handle our advertising/sponsorship requests. If you would like to advertise with The Micah Hanks Program, all you have to do is click the link below to get started:
Below are links to stories and other content featured in this episode:
- NEWS: Dmitry Rogozin: Aliens Could Have Visited Earth, Russia Investigating UFOs
- Researchers Are Figuring Out Why Some People Can 'Hear' Voices of The Dead
- I-Team: UFO scientist speaks publicly for the first time on decades of work
- Summer of the Saucers - Bryce Zabel, "Trail of the Saucers"
- CHARLES LEAR: The Flying Saucer Investigators by Charles Lear
Like us on Facebook
Follow @MicahHanks on Twitter
Keep up with Micah and his work at micahhanks.com.