Flying by the Seat of Our Pants with Cynthia Rowley
On this episode of The Ginni Show, I speak with Cynthia Rowley, award-winning fashion designer and travel aficionado. Cynthia grew up in a small town in midwest Illinois before packing up her sewing machines and moving to New York City, where she eventually realized her dream of becoming a fashion designer. With theatrics including Elvis impersonators and (literally) lighting runways on fire, Cynthia’s fashion shows are famously known for their dramatics.
Cynthia employs the same mindsight to designing clothes as she does to traveling: be fearless. From camping in the Himalayas to surfing with sharks in Byron Bay, she maintains that some of the most memorable travel experiences are born from living on the edge. Throughout this episode, we discuss Cynthia’s journey to success as a fashion designer as well as some of her most memorable travel experiences.
Join me and Cynthia to learn more about her amazing adventures.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Cynthia’s experience of moving from a small town to New York City to pursue her dreams (2:23)
- How the age-old adage of “fake it till you make it” has worked for Cynthia(6:59)
- How nothing comes easy and we have to work for the things that we want (7:48)
- What made Cynthia’s fashion shows so memorable (8:41)
- How Cynthia vacationed with her family as a young girl (11:08)
- It’s not the destination, it’s the journey - what this means to Cynthia and how has she applied it to her travel experiences (11:54)
- Cynthia's idea of a fun family vacation. (18:01)
- What inspired Cynthia to travel and see the world (24:55)
- What Cynthia deems to be one of the most important contributing factors to flexible travel (26:58)
Connect with Cynthia Rowley:
LinkedIn: Ginni Saraswati
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.