The Drop Daily—LaMP interview + 5 Things for 4/29/20
Thanks for tuning in! See you all tomorrow.
- Bandcamp Waives Its Sales Cut on First Fridays. Via Consequence of Sound, we learned that in the midst of the crisis, Bandcamp is waiving its cut of online sales on the first Friday of the next three months (May 1, June 5 and July 3). Their CEO Ethan Diamond said “Finding ways to continue supporting artists in the coming months is an urgent priority for anyone who cares about music and the artists who create it.” Really cool. And Beyond the Pond will be tweeting a list of their recommendations every Thursday before these First Fridays.
- 2pm ET—Eric Krasno Live with Ivan Neville on Instagram. Check out this live chat between Eric and Ivan. They’ll touch on jazz fest, the state of the music scene, and more.
- Alex Bleeker of Real Estate on Brokedown Podcast. On this episode, Jonathan and Alex talk about the band’s new album, “The Main Thing” which was released in February. They talk about the band, the record, Alex’s solo projects and, of course, The Grateful Dead.
- SPAC 2009 Number Line on Beyond the Pond. A song that is near and dear to my heart. Brian and Dave welcome Dr. Kevin Finkel, who’s an anesthesiologist at Hartford Hospital. He joins to discuss his experiences on the front lines of COVID-19, and Kevin gets to let loose from work for a while and talk about Summer 2009 Phish.
- LaMP Interview! I had the privilege of talking with Scott Metzger, Russ Lawton and Ray Paczkowski of the new group, LaMP. You can hear us talk about how the project came together, how they brought their unique strengths to the project, and what might be next. This episode contains the full interview. Video version available here.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.