The Drop Daily—5 Things for 5/8/20
Thanks for tuning in! Happy Barton Hall day!
- No Simple Road with ….. Me! I was honored to be interviewed for one of our longtime podcasts, No Simple Road. I finally got to hang with the crew, and it was a lot of fun. We talked about how I discovered music including Phish and The Grateful Dead, what possessed me to think of starting a podcast network, and some plans for Osiris’s future. I got to tell some stories and banter with the crew a lot. Check it out!
- 4pm ET—Nathaniel Rateliff Pickathon 2019 Replay. I’m sure you all have heard of this guy, he’s a real force of nature and I’m interested in checking out this set from a 2019 festival. You may know him through his work with Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats, and he just put out a new album, And It's Still Alright, which you should check out as well!
- 8pm ET—Disco Biscuits 2/28/08 Replay. As part of the ongoing You Got I, I Got You virtual tour, this week brings you a show from the legendary Starland Ballroom from 2008. 30 minute Mr. Don opener, long M.E.M.P.H.I.S. sandwich, Spacebird, Save the Robots, Crickets and more. Really good show.
- 9pm ET—Umphrey’s McGee 7/6/18 Replay. Brought to us by Breckenridge Brewery, this live stream music event featuring Umphrey’s McGee. At 9pm you can see Brendan Bayliss stream live, with wine, in his pajamas, from his basement. And then at 9:30pm you can watch the 7/6/18 show. Similar Skin, Hurt Bird Bath, long Higgins, very good show.
- Osirecs: Barton Hall 1977! I feel morally obligated to encourage you to listen to the Barton Hall show. Was it the best show ever? Was it the best show of May 1977? Did it really happen, or was it part of a CIA mind control program? A widely circulated conspiracy theory, which you can read about here, says it never happened. Awesome show, whether it happened or not.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.