The Drop Daily—5 Things for 5/7/20
Thanks for tuning in! Hope you enjoy!
- Music Nonprofits During COVID-19 from InsideOut wTnS. New episode of Inside Out with Turner and Seth focuses on music nonprofits, checking in with a bunch of folks to find out how things are going. They talk with Sweet Relief, Backline, Conscious Alliance, and Positive Legacy about what they are doing right now, how they have pivoted to help those in needs during COVID-19, and how those programs are evolving.
- 5pm ET—Radiohead at Bonnaroo 2006. In an Instagram post, Jonny Greenwood said about this show “it’s easily, comfortably the best festival experience I’ve ever had in America. I hope the heat, dust, and smell of fine Southern whiskey comes over as well as the songs—and I hope that we get back to live music soon.” Amen.
- 7:20pm ET—420Live!! Portugal. The Man with Jeff Kravitz. If you missed yesterday’s with Tom Marshall, you can check out the show notes. And today Jeff welcomes the psych rock revolutionaries as the guest.
- 8pm ET—Lake Street Dive Livestream. Today is Volume 2 of the “Lounge Around Sounds Variety Hour,” which is described as a fun-filled hour of music and laughter. They’ll have special guest Emily King joining, and will be donating a portion of the proceeds to a charity of her choice! She also will be the next guest on Eric Krasno Plus One, so subscribe now if you haven’t already!
- Osirecs—Let It Slide, Marco Benevento. Got to talk with Marco for another show we’re launching this Spring, and in preparation had been listening to a lot of his music. This latest album is a good representation of his style right now—jumps between dance tunes to deep instrumental grooves to piano-focused track. Really a great listen.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.