The Drop Daily—5 Things for 5/4/20
Five things for today. Have a good one, everybody!
- Chris Robinson on Eric Krasno Plus One. New episode today—Chris tells Eric about growing up in Atlanta, forming The Black Crowes with his brother when they were teenagers, and how he ended up in the role of frontman. The two dig deep into their love of music, the artists who first influenced Chris, from Sam & Dave to REM, and how he finally got into The Grateful Dead. They talk about what he’s listening to now, and reflect on their mutual friend and guitarist for Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Neal Casal.
- 36 From the Vault Covers 5/2/70. Just a couple of days off of the 50th anniversary, Steve and Rob are back This show is pretty fascinating, we get to see them working on songs from Workingman’s Dead and American Beauty, in their acoustic set, like “Friend Of The Devil,” “Dire Wolf,” and “Black Peter.” And then the electric set gets weird. Lots of good jams, great time for the band.
- Jeff Kravitz 420 Live! If you all haven’t seen Jeff Kravitz’s daily show at 4:20 where he interviews people, you should check it out. He’s had everyone from George Porter Jr to Peter Shapiro to Stewart Copeland to Chris Kuroda and many more on his show. And we have an Osiris collaboration with Jeff to tell you about later this week!
- 8:30pm—Umphrey’s Live 8/23/15. Each Monday night you can tune in to watch a handpicked archive from Umphrey's McGee. You can also make a donation to Conscious Alliance or to tip the band!
- Metzger, Paczkowski, Lawton—One More Time. Wanted to give one more plug to the interview that I did with Scott, Ray and Russ about their new LaMP project, along with a track from their new album. That was a lot of fun, and we hope you enjoy it! Video version here, audio version here.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.