The Drop Daily—5 Things for 5/21/20
Thanks for tuning in, let us know what you think of the program!
- Mickey Hart on Politics of Truth. This week Bob is joined once again by Bob Costa, National Political Reporter for The Washington Post and a long-time fan of our other guest, Mickey Hart. Mickey talks about music as a unifying force and its ability to enhance the healing of our minds and bodies. Also the force of rhythm, not only in music but in life, and a lot of other topics.
- Keith Emerson from 1992 on The Tapes Archive. This week we have another never before heard interview, this time with the late Keith Emerson from 1992. He talks about technology affecting the way he plays the keyboards, their reunion that was happening at that time, and ELP’s role in pioneering the classical rock movement.
- 8pm ET—Tedeschi Trucks Band from 2/28/20. For this week's installment of Swamp Family TV, this show comes from the Ryman Auditorium from 2/28/20. One of the last concerts before this whole madness started. They’re raising funds for MusicCares as well. And I wanted to mention that Derek will be a guest on Eric Krasno Plus One in a couple weeks, so keep your eyes out for that.
- 10pm—Andy Frasco’s World Saving Shitshow. Andy’s been doing some hilarious stuff, from his podcast to his dance parties to his weekly show. This week’s guests include Billy Strings, MC Taylor, and David Shaw of The Revivalists. Andy’s been donating a percentage of the proceeds to charity as well. Andy will also be a guest on Eric Krasno Plus One in the near future.
- Spotify’s Deal with Joe Rogan. This is the biggest podcast news since Spotify’s acquisition of Gimlet last year. People have asked me what our take on this is, so I wanted to give you that perspective here.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.