The Drop Daily—5 Things for 4/9/20
Hope everyone is doing well out there. Here's today's 5 things you need to know!
- RIP John Prine. Check out the JamBase tribute to John Prine, along with a letter from his wife Fiona. Another person we’ve lost to this horrible pandemic, his influence was vast on generations of artists. Here’s a tribute to him from music writer and Osiris podcaster Steven Hyden. And check out the Tapes Archive interview with him from 1997.
- 36 From the Vault Goes Island Tour! In Episode 7, Steven and Rob briefly diverge from the journey through Dick’s Picks to dive into Phish’s Island Tour, highlighting the 4/3/98 show. Steven and Rob focus on the energy that guided Phish throughout the 90s, highlighting the decisions that led to their 1997 reinvention, and how this run shifted the band towards their more modern incarnation with all its surprises and challenges.
- Daily Soundcheck Big Cypress! The podcast that goes through Phish soundchecks one by one is back, and has hit on an epic point. It’s a monster, and we appreciate Myke “Lawn Memo” Menio and his work on this. And while we’re on Big Cypress, we should mention After Midnight, the podcast series we did last fall on Phish’s Big Cypress.
- 7pm ET — Virtual Seder to Benefit Conscious Alliance. Wanted to tell you about a Virtual Seder—a celebration of Passover and raising money for the Conscious Alliance COVID-19 Response Fund. Being streamed at 7pm ET tonight, in partnership wit nugs.net. Hosted by Seth Weiner (of the Osiris podcast Inside Out w/ Turner and Seth), this event will feature songs, poems and readings from people like Andy Frasco, Natalie Cressman, Aron Magner Scott Rogowsky, Dan Lebowitz, Al Schnier and more, it’s a way to raise money for a good cause.
- 9pm ET — No Simple Integration. No Simple Integration is a collaboration between Melanie Schafer of No Simple Road and Daniel Shankin of Tam Integration. NSI is a joyful and lighthearted journey through the realms of yoga, meditation, and esoteric spirituality. Designed to be accessible and fun, NSI is the online version of the ‘yoga dome’ at your favorite festival.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.